Before an Executor or the next of kin appointed in the Will can claim, transfer, sell or distribute any of the deceased’s assets whether in shares, cash or property they may have to apply for a grant of Probate.
Once granted Probate enables the appointed person or persons to act on all financial matters relating to the desceased.
Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration allow the appointed individual named on the probate to deal with the deceased assets.
The Personal Representative, May be a heavy burden especially when dealing with many heirs and doing right by all. when a Personal representative is granted they swear an oath that they will deal with the distribution of the estate according to law. This means they agree to take responsibility for settling estate debts before any estate is distributed.
It is worth noting that a debt cannot be inherited unless a person was originally a party to the debt i.e a joint mortgage.
We Understand all matters probate, and come across common problems that may cause delay, heartache and sometimes relationship break-ups when dealing with a family or loved ones estate. our outside approach to dealing with these problems usually helps in unlocking the issues that come with probate administration. meaning a property is not left vacant for long, families can bring painful issues that relate to death of a loved one quickly to bed.
After extensive research, our team has established the most common reason for property being left empty. Our research points to the issues surrounding Probate. In almost all of our cases there is a probate related matter that often needs to be managed correctly and this is where we can help.
- We help you understand what Probate actually is.
- Feeling that the Probate process excessively hostile and the paperwork involved just too much to handle?
- Are emotions making the process all to difficult?
- Our team of trained Genealogists can trace Missing family members (missing beneficiaries)?
- Are you and the rightful heirs not in agreement? (estranged family members).
- Did the deceased die without a will (Intestacy), we can help unlock to the assets to the correct ant lawful party?
- Are inheritance tax issues a cause for concern? Do You understand how much should be paid?